Community co-operatives are subject to a wide range of financial rules and regulations and it can be difficult keeping track of them all. As a member we can give you the help and reassurance you need to make sure your community co-operative meets these requirements to a satisfactory level. David Cadwallader and Co Ltd is our recommended firm of accountants and is able to offer a wide range of benefits, including:
Plunkett members are offered a substantial saving on their annual year-end compliance, which typically costs in the region of £600-£1,200.
The rates are as follows:
- From £375 plus VAT: a review of accounts and provision of an Independent Accountant’s Report for Community Benefit Societies, Co-operative Societies and Registered Societies (IPS pre-August 2014).
- From £675 plus VAT: preparation of accounts for Companies Limited by Guarantee and Community Interest Companies.
To access this offer members are required to provide a trial balance, reconciled bank account and supporting schedules for all major balance sheet and profit and loss account items. Community Benefit Societies, Registered Societies and Co-operative Societies are also required to provide a set of management accounts.
Members are offered discounts on accountancy software, as well as help and advice, including:
- Free initial phone call to discuss the most suitable accountancy software for new community co-operatives
- Purchase of Sage Instant for £75 plus VAT (RRP £120 plus VAT)
- 20% discount off usual David Cadwallader and Co Ltd fees for additional IT services
- Free review of accounting system and review for trading community co-operatives
- Discount on Xero monthly cost
- Choice between online ‘cloud based’ package or desktop software
- A dedicated email support line for all members to contact David Cadwallader and Co Ltd with their software concerns or queries.
Assistance on setting up PAYE schemes for new community co-operatives as well as information on technical updates on changes to the regulatory environment are offered to members. An email support line will also be made available to receive advice on payroll concerns or queries.
- 20% discount to members on standard fees for additional payroll support
- Discount on Sage payroll software
The VAT and software services divisions of David Cadwallader and Co Ltd will work together to ensure that an individual community co-operative’s system for recording VAT is robust and adheres to all HM Revenue and Customs scrutiny.
David Cadwallader and Co Ltd can provide both technical literature and email support to members in all areas of VAT.
To access this deal:
Please contact Nicola Cadwallader directly on email@example.com or 01869 222124.