If you are involved with your local community shop or co-operative pub and would like to talk to people from similar enterprises on a national scale, the Facebook networking groups are ideal for you. We know that a lot of our members would like somewhere to discuss ideas together, in a friendly and safe environment, so the community shop and co-operative pub online networking groups are the perfect opportunity.
You can access the group wherever you are, at any time of the day, so we envisage this being your first port of call to get a quick answer to your question. This could be on food storage guidelines, producing a poll to see what times other community-owned shops / pubs are open on a Sunday or just simply how to contact someone about EPOS. It is open to anyone involved in a community shop or co-operative pub, you do not have to be a member of Plunkett Foundation.
If you feel your question would be better answered by a Plunkett Foundation team member, do not hesitate to contact us on 01993 810730 or email email@example.com.
What can I post on the networking groups?
We are looking for all members of the Facebook groups to post and share ideas as often as you can. From sharing events to raising questions to the group, we are looking to grow the network and for members to use it as an initial platform to get answers to enterprise running questions.
By taking part in the networking groups, you will:
- Be part of a national network of community shops/co-operative pubs
- Have a platform to share ideas and learn from others within the field
- Be able to ask questions to those in the sector who have an in-depth knowledge of working in community-owned organisations
- Hear about tips and ideas from others which could vastly benefit the enterprise you are involved with
In return, we ask members to:
- Abide by the Code of Conduct, creating a safe and positive platform for networking
- Post information regarding shop/pub progress – including events, volunteer and training information
- Avoid spamming/advertising external information
- Feed into discussions and share your knowledge, where applicable
- Shout about the fantastic work that you are involved with!
Code of Conduct
Please read our Code of Conduct before requesting to join one of the networking groups:
Become part of the online network today
Both groups are moderated by Plunkett Foundation and have a code of conduct (see above).
Nothing you post in the groups will be visible on your personal profile or timeline, but your friends will be able to see that you are a member of the networking group.
If you have any friends or colleagues who you feel would benefit from joining the network, please send them an invite to join.
Other ways to get involved online
If you’re involved in another kind of community co-operative, there are still plenty of ways you can be part of our online networks.
If woodland social enterprise is your interest, you can like our Making Local Woods Work page for the latest update on our programme, relevant news from the sector and updates from woodland social enterprises we’re supporting.
You can also like our Plunkett Foundation page for information, updates and inspiring case studies from all kinds of community co-operatives – click here to find out more.
You can also:
• Follow us on Twitter @PlunkettFoundat
• Follow us on Instagram