We’ve been the voice of rural community business since 1919, and we know that establishing and running a community business can bring a wide range of benefits for communities, but it can also bring challenges. Designed specifically for community businesses, this membership ensures your business is part of a national network, providing access to enhanced information, advice and support (whether that’s from the Plunkett Foundation’s specialist advisers or from other community businesses). It enables you to collaborate in the market place for better deals, and it helps you to reduce running costs. We also actively encourage our members to help us develop our services to make sure we’re continuing to meet the needs of the sector.
As a Community Business member you will receive:
- Resources and information: Access the latest research and publications before anyone else. Book a free annual health check for your community business, and get enhanced access to specialist support, resources and advice from our central team and network of expert advisers.
- Network: Share knowledge and experience with others in the community business sector, and find the right products and services with our directory of trusted suppliers and supporters who share your values and can help your business to thrive.
- Events, webinars and training: Hear from the experts at a variety of events both online and across the UK, which offer advice, practical support, training and networking opportunities. You will be invited to bespoke member events with reduced ticket prices.
- Influence: Shape the Foundation’s views and work, gain a national platform, and help us to influence the future of the rural community business sector together.
- News: Receive regular key updates on funding and support as they happen, as well as the latest news from the world of community business.
Our trusted suppliers offer practical support and discounts to help ensure you’re getting the best deal for your community, including: a FREE property law advice line; discounted business insurance, accountancy services, and valuation reports; access to the best energy deals; and discounts from wholesalers and suppliers of fixtures, fittings and furniture.