Become a member
Community Business membership
We’ve been the voice of rural community business since 1919, and we know that establishing and running a community business can bring a wide range of benefits for communities, but it can also bring challenges. Designed specifically for community businesses, this membership ensures your business is part of a national network, providing access to enhanced information, advice and support (whether that’s from the Plunkett Foundation’s specialist advisers or from other community businesses). It enables you to collaborate in the market place for better deals, and it helps you to reduce running costs. We also actively encourage our members to help us develop our services to make sure we’re continuing to meet the needs of the sector.
As a Community Business member you will receive:
- Resources, information and enhanced support: Book a free annual health check for your community business, and get enhanced access to specialist support, member exclusive resources and advice from our central team and network of expert advisers. You will also benefit from a discount on Plunkett’s Model Rules service when you establish as a Community Benefit Society, or if you are an existing CBS and would like to update your Model Rules.
- Network: Share knowledge and experience with others in the community business sector, and find the right products and services with our directory of recommended suppliers and supporters who share your values and can help your business to thrive.
- Events, webinars and training: Hear from the experts at a variety of events both online and across the UK, which offer advice, practical support, training and networking opportunities. You will be invited to bespoke member events and benefit from reduced ticket prices on Plunkett training hub events as well as free access to our programme of webinars.
- Influence: Access the latest research and publications before anyone else. Shape the Foundation’s views and work, gain a national platform, and help us to influence the future of the rural community business sector together, by contributing to our policy work, research, or applying to be part of the Community Business Membership Panel
- News: Receive regular key updates on funding and support as they happen, as well as the latest news from the world of community business.
Supporter membership is for any individual or organisation that shares Plunkett’s values and wants to help us to help community businesses. Community is important to us all. Community businesses are a way of helping rural communities to thrive – they bring people together to achieve so much more than might seem possible alone. As a supporter, your membership contributes directly to the advice and practical help we have provided to rural communities for more than 100 years, as well as helping us to strengthen the rural voice in national policy. Members like you ensure that we can continue to offer support, guidance and advocacy to communities to help them to take control of their challenges and overcome them together.
As a Supporter member you will receive:
- Access to membership events and networking opportunities – including voting rights at our Annual General Meeting – and discounts on Plunkett’s webinars and training course
- Member alerts to keep you up to date on Plunkett’s news. When something important happens that will affect our work, rural communities and the community ownership sector, you’ll be the first to know
- Member specific notifications of Plunkett’s publications, consultations and reports
- Access to a Google maps list of community businesses, so you can support local businesses, wherever you are
- £20 for individuals
- £150 for organisations
If you have any questions about membership, please call us on 01993 810730 or email email@example.com