In Plunkett Foundation’s 2026 strategy we have an ambition to grow the community-ownership sector by 20% over the next 5 years. A starting point for many projects in England will be registering Assets of Community Value in their local area.
To help people across the country take their first steps towards community-ownership, Keep it in the Community provides access to information about all ACVs in their local area. Although individual ACV records are available through individual councils, the purpose of Keep it in the Community is to offer a single point of access showing all ACVs across the country.
Through putting all of this information in one place, along with access to helpful guidance and support we want local residents and community groups to feel confident and informed about community-ownership, when they are registering an ACV and know what steps to take when the asset becomes available for sale.
When a Community Right to Bid is triggered, we want you to be prepared and ready to buy the assets that matter to your community.
You can view, add or update information about ACVs in your local area to:
- Help people to find protected assets in their local area
- Connect communities across England that are trying to save their assets
- Link people to advice on how to protect their assets by nominating them as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) with your local council
- Discover the support available to transform underused assets into thriving community businesses
- Help us to gather data from the directory to support communities by calling for the reform of the Community Right to Bid