· £1000 for wet-led pubs trading under Tier restrictions over Christmas – still open for claims in January 2021
The Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs supports pubs that predominantly serve alcohol rather than provide food and have been severely impacted over the festive season due to temporary local restrictions.
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of £1,000 from their local council if they were trading under Tier 2 or 3 local restrictions over the Christmas period.
If you have not accessed this funding yet, please contact your local council. If eligible you can make a retrospective claim up until 20 January 2021. Link – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-the-christmas-support-payment-for-wet-led-pubs
- £9,000 lockdown support grant for businesses in retail, hospitality and leisure sectors
One-off, top-up grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses that are legally required to close as a result of the lockdown are eligible for funding worth up to £9,000 per property. This is on top of any other financial support you have accessed in response to the Covid crisis.
The grants will be administered by your local authority, linked to the rateable value of your premises. Further detail of application processes etc is expected next week (11 January) – Plunkett will share updates as soon as they are available alternatively please keep in touch with your local authority for local updates relevant to your business.
For information the one-off, top-ups will be granted to closed businesses as follows:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
More information can be found here – https://www.gov.uk/government/news/46-billion-in-new-lockdown-grants-to-support-businesses-and-protect-jobs